Hi Luis,

Yes, there is a dowstream documentation for it here:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_ceph_storage/5/html-single/installation_guide/index#configuring-a-custom-registry-for-disconnected-installation_install
but we clearly lack an upstream version of it.

I'd love to merge a PR that adds this use case to the docs.

Sebastian