Hi,

Stretch clusters[0] are new in Pacific; does anyone have experience of using one in production?

I ask because I'm thinking about new RGW cluster (split across two main DCs), which I would naturally be doing using RGW multi-site between two clusters.

But it strikes me that a stretch cluster might be simpler (multi-site RGW isn't entirely straightforward e.g. round resharding), and 2 copies per site is quite a bit less storage than 3 per site. But I'm not sure if this new feature is considered production-deployment-ready

Also, if I'm using RGWs, will they do the right thing location-wise? i.e. DC A RGWs will talk to DC A OSDs wherever possible?

Thanks,

Matthew

[0] https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/rados/operations/stretch-mode/