Hi

we're trying to get ceph-ansible working again for our current version of ceph (octopus), in order to be able to add some osd nodes to our cluster. (Obviously there's a longer story here, but just a quick question for now...)

When we add in all.yml
ceph_origin: repository
ceph_repository: community
# Enabled when ceph_repository == 'community'
#
ceph_mirror: https://eu.ceph.com
ceph_stable_key: https://eu.ceph.com/keys/release.asc
ceph_stable_release: octopus
ceph_stable_repo: "{{ ceph_mirror }}/debian-{{ ceph_stable_release }}"

This fails with a message originating from

    - name: validate ceph_repository_community
      fail:
        msg: "ceph_stable_release must be 'quincy'"
      when:
        - ceph_origin == 'repository'
        - ceph_repository == 'community'
        - ceph_stable_release not in ['quincy']

in: ceph-ansible/roles/ceph-validate/tasks/main.yml

This is from the "Stable-5.0" branch of ceph-ansible, which is specifically for Octopus, as I understand it...

Is this a bug in ceph-ansible in the stable-5.0 branch, or is this our problem in understanding what to put in all.yml to get the octopus repository for ubuntu 20.04?

Cheers

/Simon