On 03/11/2021 16:03, Simon Oosthoek wrote:
> On 03/11/2021 15:48, Stefan Kooman wrote:
>> On 11/3/21 15:35, Simon Oosthoek wrote:
>>> Dear list,
>>>
>>> I've recently found it is possible to supply ceph-ansible with
>>> information about a crush location, however I fail to understand how
>>> this is actually used. It doesn't seem to have any effect when create
>>> a cluster from scratch (I'm testing on a bunch of vm's generated by
>>> vagrant and cloud-init and some custom ansible playbooks).

It turns out (I think) that to be able to use this, you need both
"crush_rule_config: true" and "create_crush_tree: true"

Then it works as expected.

The unknown for now is what happens with existing crush rules and if
they would be removed, how we could define them in the osds.yml for
ceph-ansible...

Eventually I hope this can be a useful thing to enable, but perhaps not
for now.

Cheers

/Simon