I’m not sure what this output means. No daemons running at all? According to ceph status at least I have a running mon and a running mgr – and I can access the ceph dashboard! Again I have the impression that ceph orch is not in sync with the underlying layer…

From: Yury Kirsanov <y.kirsa...@gmail.com>
Sent: Dienstag, 9. November 2021 14:46
To: Scharfenberg, Carsten <c.scharfenb...@francotyp.com>
Cc: Сергей Процун <proserge...@gmail.com>; Zach Heise <he...@ssc.wisc.edu>; ceph-users <ceph-users@ceph.io> Subject: Re: [ceph-users] Re: fresh pacific installation does not detect available disks

By the way, what does:

ceph orch ls

and

ceph orch ps

show?

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 12:45 AM Yury Kirsanov <y.kirsa...@gmail.com<mailto:y.kirsa...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi,
Sorry, but I've never encountered such behaviour, I was first testing my CEPH 16.2.6 in a VMWare environment and it was all working fine there, I was able to add hosts via ceph orch and then add OSDs as usual. If I had to restart the deployment process for some reason - I was just wiping HDDs using dd command and it was picking up these HDDs just fine... Not sure how to help you here, but one thing is confusing me a bit - why do you have just one monitor? Maybe this somehow affects ceph orch? Of course this is highly unlikely but still...If you have nodes that can host OSDs you can deploy MONs to them as well, just use:

'ceph orch apply mon --placement="3 <host1> <host2> <host3>"

Regards,
Yury.