docker itself is not the problem, it's super nice. It's just that adm/orch
is yet another deployment tool, and yet again not reliable enough. It's
easy to break, and adds additional errors like you can see at my
screenshot. I have a collection of them ;).

We are talking about a storage, meant to store data in a reliable way. Not
for days, but for years or longer. The oldest cluster we maintain runs
since around ~8y by now with completely replaced hardware, filestore to
bluestore migration, lot's of bugs and overall a hell of a ride. But it
never lost data and that's important. However when adding complexity, you
endangering that.

--
Martin Verges
Managing director

Mobile: +49 174 9335695
E-Mail: martin.ver...@croit.io
Chat: https://t.me/MartinVerges

croit GmbH, Freseniusstr. 31h, 81247 Munich
CEO: Martin Verges - VAT-ID: DE310638492
Com. register: Amtsgericht Munich HRB 231263

Web: https://croit.io
YouTube: https://goo.gl/PGE1Bx

Hans van den Bogert <hansbog...@gmail.com> schrieb am Mi., 17. Nov. 2021,
23:34: