On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 3:41 PM Michael Breen <
michael.br...@vikingenterprise.com> wrote:

> Thank you, Pritha!
> aud != client_id was the immediate problem (there is another...). For
> anyone else who comes across this thread, go directly to
>

> https://issues.redhat.com/browse/KEYCLOAK-8954?focusedCommentId=13979543&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-13979543
>
> It would be great if the reason for this kind of failure was included in
> the Ceph debug log, then someone could do a search and might find the above
> page. A lot of debug output has been added (one of the reasons I went to
> the master branch to try to figure out this problem) but messages giving
> the specific reason for such a rejection would be very helpful. Regarding
> IAM-related code not in any released version, do a grep for e.g.
> principal_tags.

The code related to principal_tags is on master only.

> The problem that remains - I hope the last one - is
>
> sts:assume_role_web_identity ERROR: Invalid rgw sts key, please ensure its
> length is 16
>
> Some others seem to have encountered this
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65420090/how-to-config-ceph-rgw-sts-key
> but no solution is described there. I have tried various things - the one
> at https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/radosgw/STS/
>
> [client.radosgw.gateway]
> rgw sts key = abcdefghijklmnop
> rgw s3 auth use sts = true
>
> Also
>
> [client.radosgw.gateway]
> rgw_s3_auth_use_sts = true
> rgw_sts_key = "1234567890123456"
>
> and some others. It's something simple again I expect, but not obvious to
> me. Any ideas?

How have you named your rgw? You will have to ensure that your rgw section
name is correct, else for testing you can add it to the global section - it
should work. The one given in the documentation:
https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/radosgw/STS/ works.

Thanks,
Pritha

> Best regards,
> Michael
>

> On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 at 03:50, Pritha Srivastava <prsri...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> My responses are inline:
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 10:07 PM Michael Breen <
>> michael.br...@vikingenterprise.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Pritha - or anyone who knows,
>>>
>>> I too have problems with IAM, in particular
>>> with AssumeRoleWithWebIdentity.
>>>
>>> I am running the master branch version of Ceph because it looks like it
>>> includes code related to the functionality described at
>>> https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/radosgw/STS/ - code which is not in any
>>> released version, even 17.0.
>>>
>>> Looking at the code on that page, there appear to be at least two errors:
>>> (1) an instance of "client" should be "sts_client" (or vice versa)
>>> (2) an access key and secret key are specified when creating sts_client,
>>> which is unnecessary and therefore confusing: only the access token is used
>>> or should be required for assume_role_with_web_identity
>>>

>> I agree, these can be corrected. However I don't understand what you mean
>> by saying that this -  "code which is not in any released version, even
>> 17.0."
>>

>>> But I still cannot get the AssumeRoleWithWebIdentity code example to
>>> work. The RGW debug logs show
>>>
>>> debug 2021-11-23T15:51:22.247+0000 7fad6e351700  0 evaluating policy for
>>> op: 93 returned deny/pass
>>>
>>> In my case, the policy_document and role_policy are
>>>
>>> policy_document =
>>> '''{"Version":"2012-10-17","Statement":[{"Effect":"Allow","Principal":{"Federated":["arn:aws:iam:::oidc-provider/proteus.ves.corp/auth/realms/cno"]},"Action":["sts:AssumeRoleWithWebIdentity"],"Condition":{"StringEquals":{"proteus.ves.corp/auth/realms/cno:app_id":"ceph_rgw"}}}]}'''
>>> role_policy =