I will tell you of our experience

Dell perc controllers with HDD and separate Intel NVMe for journals etc

With the Disk first behind the controller with caching enabled and it set as a
raid0  and the OSDs were  encrypted everything was good.

When we upgrade to LVM and still encrypted and still raid0 on the perc -
everything was fine.... for a while

As soon as drives started to fail - it became incredibly difficult to find the
right drive according to the idrac, the OSD and everything was difficult
Remember not all drives actually fail - some go in to a state that go up and
down or can cause a lot of noise on the bus of the server taking a whole server
offline

So we reconfigured (all / most OSDs / drive to not use raid0 cache) did notice
a slight drop in performance
BUT we can now find and address the OS/s hard drives in the idrac
We also don't have to worry about the battery failing on the perc (hopefully
anyway)

So I would test you config before going into production
I also don't know what info the idrac will give you on the SSD, vs the OS tools

Joe

>>> <m...@pop.de> 11/25/2021 9:42 AM >>>
Hi,
I plan to use Samsung PM883 1.92TB as OSD with Raid0 behind PERC controller and
Journal and Data will be on the same drive.
Does anyone have a similar setup? Any hints or tips would be appreciated.
BR
Max