So basically, you need the reverse sparsify command, right? ;-)
I only find several mailing list thready asking why someone would want thick-provisioning but it happened eventually. I suppose cloning and flattening the resulting image is not a desirable workaround.

Zitat von Frank Schilder <fr...@dtu.dk>:

Hi all,

I need to increase the size of images created with --thick-provision. Using resize will just change the provisioned size, but not allocate/initialize the additional space. I seem to be unable to find an option that will maintain thick provisioning of an image when resizing.

Is there a way to resize thick provisioned images properly, that is, maintaining thick provisioning?

Thanks and best regards,