Hi,

I was wondering...

In Ceph/Libvirt docs only cachmodes writetrough and writeback are discussed. My
clients's disks are all set to writeback in the libvirt client xml-definition.

For a backup operation, I notice a severe lag on one of my VM's. Such a backup
operation that takes 1 to 2 hours (on a same machine but) on local LVM storage,
takes on a ceph storage 6 hours. Though I have to say that the cachemode on the
local LVM storage is set on directsync.

=> So what if I played around with other cachemodes? Will it make a difference?

I'm trying now cachemode 'unsafe' so tonight I should measure the difference if
there is any.

Input will be greatly appreciated.

Greetings,

Dominique.