Hi everyone,

I discovered a documentation inconsistency in Ceph Nautilus and would like to
know whether this is still the case in the latest ceph release before reporting
a bug. Unfortunately, I only have access to a Nautilus cluster right now.

The quincy docs state [1]:
> Create the OSD. If no UUID is given, it will be set automatically when the
> OSD starts up. The following command will output the OSD number, which you
> will need for subsequent steps:
>
>ceph osd create [{uuid} [{id}]]

But the man pages [2] state that `ceph osd create` is deprecated in favour of
`ceph osd new {<uuid>} {<id>} -i {<params.json>}`, with both uuid and id still
being marked as optional parameters.

But when actually running `ceph osd new` without a specified UUID, I get

```
Invalid command: missing required parameter uuid(<uuid>)
osd new <uuid> {<osdname (id|osd.id)>} :  Create a new OSD. If supplied, the
`id` to be replaced needs to exist and have been previously destroyed. Reads
secrets from JSON file via `-i <file>` (see man page).
Error EINVAL: invalid command
```

under Nautilus. Is this still the case under Quincy, can someone reproduce this
for me?

Best regards
Oliver Schmidt

[1] https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/rados/operations/add-or-rm-osds/