On Sat, Apr 8, 2023 at 2:26 PM Michal Strnad <michal.str...@cesnet.cz> wrote:
>    cluster:
>      id:     a12aa2d2-fae7-df35-ea2f-3de23100e345
>      health: HEALTH_WARN
>      pgs:     1656117639/32580808518 objects misplaced (5.083%)

That's why the space is eaten. The stuff that eats the disk space on
MONs is osdmaps, and the MONs have to keep old osdmaps back to the
moment in the past when the cluster was 100% healthy. Note that
osdmaps are also copied to all OSDs and eat space there, which is what
you have seen.

The relevant (but dangerous) configuration parameter is
"mon_osd_force_trim_to". Better don't use it, and let your ceph
cluster recover. If you can't wait, try to use upmaps to say that all
PGs are fine where they are now, i.e that they are not misplaced.
There is a script somewhere on GitHub that does this, but
unfortunately I can't find it right now.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov