Hi Mark!

Thank you very much for this message, acknowledging the problem publicly is the
beginning of fixing it ❤️

> On 11 May 2023, at 17:38, Mark Nelson <mark.nel...@clyso.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> This email was originally posted to d...@ceph.io, but Marc mentioned that he
> thought this would be useful to post on the user list so I'm re-posting here
> as well.

Is there any plan/way to the fix performance regressions the current even
release (e.g. 16), which can work no worse than release 14? The 16.2.14 release
should fix the last issues that block updates (such as the inability to delete
old snapshots). I'm concern because of the Ceph release cycle, which obliges
the old release to EOL. The solution at least in the form "you need to redeploy
all our OSD's", due impossibility RocksDB version migrations - seems okay. This
is important for the development of internal products (based on RADOS as
backend), whether it is worth putting into the team roadmaps the writing of
"migrators from one cluster to another" on application level or, in principle,
preparing to live forever on version 14 and, accordingly, take into account its
scaling limits

Thanks,