I recently upgraded to Quincy, and toggled on the BULK flag of a few pools.  As
a result, my cluster has been spending the last several days shuffling data
while growing the pool pg counts.  That in turn has resulted in a steadily
increasing number of pgs being flagged PG_NOT_DEEP_SCRUBBED.  And that has
resulted in my getting hundreds of alert emails about pgs not being deep
scrubbed, because I get a new email whenever the count changes.

I tried using "ceph health mute PG_NOT_DEEP_SCRUBBED --sticky", but all that
did (in terms of the email alerts) was make the emails say "HEALTH_OK" instead
of "HEALTH WARN", which is less than helpful.

I haven't found a way to stop the cluster from sending me these alert emails
other than turning off email notifications entirely.  If there is one, I'd love
to know what it is.  If not, I feel like there ought to be one, either as part
of muting the health warning, or as a separate toggle.  Hundreds of emails over
what is expected behavior is rather silly.

-----
Edward Huyer
Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences
Rochester Institute of Technology
Golisano 70-2373
152 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623
585-475-6651
erh...@rit.edu<mailto:erh...@rit.edu>

Obligatory Legalese:
The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the
person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.