I’m going through the process of transitioning to new hardware. Pacific 16.2.11.

I drained the host, all daemons were removed. Did the ceph orch host rm
<hostname>

[ceph: root@cn01 /]# ceph orch host rm cn03.ceph
Error EINVAL: host cn03.ceph does not exist

Yet I see it here:

ceph osd crush tree |grep cn03
-10 0 host cn03

Web interface says:

ceph health
HEALTH_WARN 1 stray host(s) with 1 daemon(s) not managed by cephadm

ceph orch host rm cn03.ceph --force
Error EINVAL: host cn03.ceph does not exist

No daemons are running. Something has a bad state.

What can I do to clear this up? The previous host went without a problem and
when all services were drained and I did the remove, it just completely
disappeared as expected.

Thanks
-jeremy