Morning,

we are running some ceph clusters with rook on bare metal and can very
much recomend it. You should have proper k8s knowledge, knowing how to
change objects such as configmaps or deployments, in case things go
wrong.

In regards to stability, the rook operator is written rather defensive,
not changing monitors or the cluster if the quorom is not met and
checking how the osd status is on removal/adding of osds.

So TL;DR: very much usable and rather k8s native.

BR,

Nico