Hi Everyone,

My company is dealing with quite large Ceph cluster (>10k OSDs, >60 PB of
data). It is entirely dedicated to object storage with S3 interface.
Maintenance and its extension are getting more and more problematic and time
consuming. We consider to split it to two or more completely separate clusters
(without replication of data among them) and create S3 layer of abstraction
with some additional metadata that will allow us to use these 2+ physically
independent instances as a one logical cluster. Additionally, newest data is
the most demanded data, so we have to spread it equally among clusters to avoid
skews in cluster load.

Do you have any similar experience? How did you handle it? Maybe you have some
advice? I'm not a Ceph expert. I'm just a Ceph's user and software developer
who does not like to duplicate someone's job.

Best,
Paweł