Ok, so I tried the new ceph dashboard by "set-prometheus-api-host" (note "host" and not "url") and it returns the wrong data.  We have 4 ceph clusters going into the same prometheus instance.  How does it know which data to pull? Do I need to pass a promql query?

The capacity widget at the top right (not using prometheus) shows 35% of 51 TiB used (test cluster data)... This is correct. The chart shows use capacity is 1.7 PiB, which is coming from the production cluster (incorrect).

Ideas?

On 2023-10-30 11:30, Nizamudeen A wrote:
Ah yeah, probably that's why the utilization charts are empty because it relies on
the prometheus info.

And I raised a PR to disable the new dashboard in quincy.
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/54250

Regards,
Nizam

On Mon, Oct 30, 2023 at 6:09 PM Matthew Darwin <b...@mdarwin.ca> wrote:

    Hello,

    We're not using prometheus within ceph (ceph dashboards show in our
    grafana which is hosted elsewhere). The old dashboard showed the
    metrics fine, so not sure why in a patch release we would need
    to make
    configuration changes to get the same metrics.... Agree it
    should be
    off by default.

    "ceph dashboard feature disable dashboard" works to put the old
    dashboard back.  Thanks.

    On 2023-10-30 00:09, Nizamudeen A wrote:
    > Hi Matthew,
    >
    > Is the prometheus configured in the cluster? And also the
    > PROMETHUEUS_API_URL is set? You can set it manually by ceph
    dashboard
    > set-prometheus-api-url <url-of-prom>.
    >
    > You can switch to the old Dashboard by switching the feature
    toggle in the
    > dashboard. `ceph dashboard feature disable dashboard` and
    reloading the
    > page. Probably this should have been disabled by default.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Nizam
    >
    > On Sun, Oct 29, 2023, 23:04 Matthew Darwin<b...@mdarwin.ca> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I see17.2.7 quincy is published as debian-bullseye packages.
    So I