On 06/04/2013 06:27 PM, Gregory Farnum wrote:
On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 2:31 AM, Guilhem Lettron <guil...@lettron.fr> wrote:
Hi all,

I have 3 monitors in my cluster but 1 of them is a backup and I don't
want to use it as master (too far and on a server where I want to save
resources for something else ...)

But as I can see, mon priority is based on IP (lower to higher, if I'm
not wrong).

I would like to know if it's possible to add a "priority" to my MONs
to select which one I want in case of healthy cluster?

There's not currently a way to do this other than by massaging the IPs
as necessary. I created a new ticket:
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/5249
-Greg

It might also be relevant to mention that there's no such thing as a 'backup' monitor per se.

Certainly by not being the leader it will not be subjected to as much load, but it will participate in quorum decisions and if it under-performs will affect the whole monitor cluster -- which may not be noticeable, but can also be a source of several issues especially if by 'too far' you mean considerable latency will be involved.

  -Joao

--
Joao Eduardo Luis
Software Engineer | http://inktank.com | http://ceph.com