OpenStack grizzly VM can be started on rbd(0.61.3) with no problem.
I didn't try live migration though.

From:  "Wolfgang Hennerbichler"<wolfgang.hennerbich...@risc-software.at>;
Date:  Mon, Jun 17, 2013 02:00 PM
To:  "ceph-users"<ceph-users@lists.ceph.com>;

Subject:  Re: [ceph-users] Live Migrations with cephFS

On 06/14/2013 08:00 PM, Ilja Maslov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is live migration supported with RBD and KVM/OpenStack?
> Always wanted to know but was afraid to ask :)

totally works in my productive setup. but we don't use openstack in this
installation, just KVM/RBD.

> Pardon brevity and formatting, replying from the phone.
>
> Cheers,
> Ilja
>

> Robert Sander <r.san...@heinlein-support.de> wrote:
>

> On 14.06.2013 12:55, Alvaro Izquierdo Jimeno wrote:
>
>> By default, openstack uses NFS but… other options are available….can we
>> use cephFS instead of NFS?
>
> Wouldn't you use qemu-rbd for your virtual guests in OpenStack?
> AFAIK CephFS is not needed for KVM/qemu virtual machines.
>
> Regards
> --
> Robert Sander
> Heinlein Support GmbH
> Schwedter Str. 8/9b, 10119 Berlin
>
> http://www.heinlein-support.de
>
> Tel: 030 / 405051-43
> Fax: 030 / 405051-19
>
> Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
> HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,
> Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein -- Sitz: Berlin

> solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If
> you are not the intended recipient, please note that any review,
> dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing, circulation, retention or
> transmission of this e-mail and/or any file or attachment transmitted with
> it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail or
> any file or attachment transmitted with it in error please notify
> postmas...@openet.com. Although Openet has taken reasonable precautions to
> ensure no viruses are present in this email, we cannot accept responsibility
> for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.

DI (FH) Wolfgang Hennerbichler
Software Development
Unit Advanced Computing Technologies
RISC Software GmbH
A company of the Johannes Kepler University Linz

IT-Center
Softwarepark 35
4232 Hagenberg
Austria