I am testing scsi-target-utils tgtd with RBD support.
I have successfully created an iscsi target using RBD as an iscsi target
and tested it.
It backs onto a rados pool iscsi-spin with a RBD called test.
Now I want it to survive a reboot. I have created a conf file

<target iqn.2008-09.com.ceph:test>
    <backing-store iscsi-spin/test>
        bs-type rbd
        path iscsi-spin/test
    </backing-store>
</target>

When I restart tgtd It creates the target but doesn't connect the
backing store.
The tool tgt-admin has a test mode for the configuration file

[root@cephgw conf.d]# tgt-admin -p -e
# Adding target: iqn.2008-09.com.ceph:test
tgtadm -C 0 --lld iscsi --op new --mode target --tid 1 -T
iqn.2008-09.com.ceph:test
# Skipping device: iscsi-spin/test
# iscsi-spin/bashful-spin does not exist - please check the
configuration file
tgtadm -C 0 --lld iscsi --op bind --mode target --tid 1 -I ALL

It looks to me like tgtd support RBD backing stores but the
configuration utilities don't.

Anyone tried this?
What have I missed?

Regards
Darryl

The contents of this electronic message and any attachments are intended only
for the addressee and may contain legally privileged, personal, sensitive or
confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, and have
received this email, any transmission, distribution, downloading, printing or
photocopying of the contents of this message or attachments is strictly
prohibited. Any legal privilege or confidentiality attached to this message and
attachments is not waived, lost or destroyed by reason of delivery to any
person other than intended addressee. If you have received this message and are
not the intended addressee you should notify the sender by return email and
destroy all copies of the message and any attachments. Unless expressly
attributed, the views expressed in this email do not necessarily represent the
views of the company.