Hi Sijo

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Mathew, Sijo (KFRM 1) <
sijo.mat...@credit-suisse.com> wrote:

>  Hi,****
>
> ** **
>
> I have been trying to get ceph installed on a single node. But I’m stuck
> with the following error.****
>
> ** **
>
> [host]$ ceph-deploy -v mon create ceph-server-299****
>
> Deploying mon, cluster ceph hosts ceph-server-299****
>
> Deploying mon to ceph-server-299****
>
> Distro RedHatEnterpriseServer codename Santiago, will use sysvinit****
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):****
>
>   File "/usr/bin/ceph-deploy", line 21, in <module>****
>
>     main()****
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ceph_deploy/cli.py", line 112, in
> main****
>
>     return args.func(args)****
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ceph_deploy/mon.py", line 234, in
> mon****
>
>     mon_create(args)****
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ceph_deploy/mon.py", line 138, in
> mon_create****
>
>     init=init,****
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pushy/protocol/proxy.py", line
> 255, in <lambda>****
>
>     (conn.operator(type_, self, args, kwargs))****
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pushy/protocol/connection.py",
> line 66, in operator****
>
>     return self.send_request(type_, (object, args, kwargs))****
>
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pushy/protocol/baseconnection.py", line
> 323, in send_request****
>
>     return self.__handle(m)****
>
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pushy/protocol/baseconnection.py", line
> 639, in __handle****
>
>     raise e****
>
> pushy.protocol.proxy.ExceptionProxy: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

This looks like a very old version of ceph-deploy. Can you attempt to
install a newer version?

We released version 1.2 to the Python Package Index and to our repos here:
http://ceph.com/packages/ceph-extras/rpm/

If you are familiar with Python install tools you could simply do: `sudo
pip install ceph-deploy`, otherwise could you try with the RPM packages?

But, you mention the lack of internet connection, so that would mean that
for `pip` it would be quite the headache to meet all of ceph-deploy's
dependencies.

Can you try with the RPMs for version 1.2 and run again? 1.2 had a massive
amount of bug fixes and it includes much better logging output.

Once you do, paste back the output here so I can take a look.