Hi Greg

> If you saw your existing data migrate that means you changed its
> hierarchy somehow. It sounds like maybe you reorganized your existing
> nodes slightly, and that would certainly do it (although simply adding
> single-node higher levels would not). It's also possible that you
> introduced your SSD devices/hosts in a way that your existing data
> pool rules believed they should make use of them (if, for instance,
> your data pool rule starts out at root and you added your SSDs
> underneath there). What you'll want to do is add a whole new root for
> your SSD nodes, and then make the SSD pool rule (and only that rule)
> start out there.

And that is the problem: The SSDs are in the same physical servers as the SATA
drives. Adding them to the hosts adds them into the hierarchy. Adding them to
"virtual hosts" (a host name that doesn't exist) breaks the startup scripts.

Can I add the SSD OSDs directly to a new root without having them in the host
hierarchy?

If you have a solution that solves either of these problems, I'm all ears :)

cheers
jc