-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff:        Re: [ceph-users] SSD only storage, where to place journal
Datum:  Fri, 30 Aug 2013 22:13:12 +0200
Von:    Stefan Priebe <s.pri...@profihost.ag>
An:     Tobias Brunner <tob...@tobru.ch>
Kopie (CC):     ceph-users@lists.ceph.com

Hi Stefan.

Am 30.08.2013 22:09, schrieb Tobias Brunner:

SSD only setup

Am I doing the correct considerations? What are best practices on an SSD
only storage cluster?

Yes, thats correct what i hate at this point is that you lower the ssd
speed by writing to journal, reading to journal wirting to ssd. Sadly
there is no option to disable the journal. I think for SSD this would be
best.

Are there any considerations by now? Or, is disabling journal sowhat tricky,
that we cant build an --nojournal switch for such scenarios?

I'd be glad for answers.

Have fun and keep up the good work

Neo