Hello all-

I'm setting up a new Ceph cluster (my first time - just a lab experiment, not
for production) by following the docs on the ceph.com website.  The preflight
checklist went fine, I installed and updated Ubuntu 12.04.2, set up my user and
set up passwordless SSH, etc.  I ran "ceph-deploy new" without any apparent
issues.  However, when I run "ceph-deploy install" it hangs at this point:

[cephtest02][INFO  ] Running command: wget -q -O-
'https://ceph.com/git/?p=ceph.git;a=blob_plain;f=keys/release.asc' | apt-key
add -

It looks to me like it is failing on the "apt-key add" command.  If I log
directly into the cephtest02 host as my ceph user and try to run "apt-key add"
it fails:

$ apt-key add
ERROR: This command can only be used by root.

It works if I include a "sudo":

$ sudo apt-key add
gpg: can't open `': No such file or directory

So I assume the problem is my ceph user doesn't have the right permissions?  I
set up the ceph user by following the instructions in the preflight checklist
(http://ceph.com/docs/master/start/quick-start-preflight/):

root@cephtest02:/# cat /etc/sudoers.d/ceph
ceph ALL = (root) NOPASSWD:ALL

root@cephtest02:/# ls -l /etc/sudoers.d/ceph
-r--r----- 1 root root 31 Sep 12 15:45 /etc/sudoers.d/ceph

$ sudo -l
Matching Defaults entries for ceph on this host:
    env_reset,

secure_path=/usr/local/sbin\:/usr/local/bin\:/usr/sbin\:/usr/bin\:/sbin\:/bin

User ceph may run the following commands on this host:
    (root) NOPASSWD: ALL

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong here, or in general how to give the
ceph user the appropriate permissions?  Or is this a ceph-deploy problem that
it is not including the "sudo"?

Thanks,
Joe