From: Mark Nelson [mailto:mark.nel...@inktank.com]
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 4:02 PM
To: Somnath Roy
Cc: ceph-users@lists.ceph.com
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] Scaling radosgw module

On 09/20/2013 05:49 PM, Somnath Roy wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> Thanks for your quick response.
> I tried adding the 'num_container = 100' in the job file and found that the
> performance actually decreasing with that option. I am getting around 1K less
> iops after putting this. Another observation is that in order to get back the
> earlier iops I need to restart the radosgw service. Just removing the
> num_container option from the job file and running swift-bench again is not
> helping. It seems something radosgw service is caching here.

Interesting, that means you aren't being limited by a single container index
only residing on 1 OSD.  Eventually that might be a limitation, but not here
apparently.

> Regarding object size, I have tried with larger object size as well but iops
> are much lower in those cases.

Yeah, the larger the object size the lower the iops, but potentially the
higher the MB/s throughput.

> Regarding moving it to the ceph wip branch, can I just upgrade from dumpling ?

Yes, it's actually just dumpling with a minor code change, however given
that it's development code I would not recommend doing this if the
cluster is in production.