On my system my user is named "ceph" so I modified /home/ceph/.ssh/config.
That seemed to work fine for me.  ~/ is shorthand for your user's home folder.

I think SSH will default to the current username so if you just use the same
username everywhere this may not even be necessary.

My file:

ceph@cephtest01:/etc/ceph$ cat /home/ceph/.ssh/config
Host cephtest02
  Hostname cephtest02.jf.intel.com