There is /etc/init.d/rbdmap; although I see no documentation for it, there is a sample map file added to /etc/ceph as well.

Looks like it was added in Dumpling.

On 11/13/2013 01:31 PM, Dane Elwell wrote:
Hi,

Is there a preferable or supported way of having rbd’s mapped on boot?
We have a server that will need to map several rbd’s and then mount
them, and I was wondering if there’s anything out there more elegant
than dumping stuff in /etc/rc.local?

I’ve seen this issue and related commit on the tracker - is anyone using
this in production?

http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/1790

If the answer is to put things in /etc/rc.local, then presumably on
shutdown the rbd won’t be unmapped. Are there any risks associated with
this?

Thanks

Dane

Dan Mick, Filesystem Engineering