Thanks. I may have to go this route, but it seems awfully fragile. One stray command could destroy the entire cluster, replicas and all. Since all disks are visible to all nodes, any one of them could mount everything, corrupting all OSDs at once. Surly other people are using external FC drives, how do you limit the visibility of the drives? Am I missing something here? Could there be a configuration option or something added to ceph to ensure that it never tries to mount things on its own?

Thanks.

Kevin