> Drop RAID5 and create one OSD per harddisk.

I was thinking about using RAID5 to keep the disk redundancy even during
the file sync process through the nodes.
What do you think about this?

> If you need to store small files consider how your applications
> communicates with the storage cluster. Does your application need a
> POSIX filesystem? Then Ceph may not be your first choice.

Could you explain me why?

> Is your application able to talk to S3 or natively to RADOS? Then Ceph
> is good for you.

This is not a problem because I am controlling the application.
Now the app is using a Posix filesystem, but I could modify it to directly
use RADOS.

Thank you very much.
Bye!