On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Tom <t...@t0mb.net> wrote:
> Hi again all,
>
> I've had to recreate this RBD in a different pool.  It seems that the RBD's
> in this pool are not functioning on this one machine. If I can create an RBD
> and map it, I then get I/O errors trying to mkfs with either ext4 or xfs.
> Both of the RBD's in question that are in this pool can be mapped and used
> from a different machine (which as far as I'm aware has been configured in
> exactly the same way - just has less RBD's mapped).  How can I start
> debugging this?

So it started with you not being able to map anything beyond ~15 images
on this box, and now you are saying that you get I/O errors on mkfs.
I think we first need to find out the exact conditions under which 'rbd
map' fails with ERANGE and then dig into I/O errors.  What did you do
that fixed the ERANGE problem?  Did you unmap some of the images or was
it something else?  (I'm trying to establish if it's in any way related
to the number of mapped images.)

Thanks,

                Ilya