Very simple question: what happen if server bound to the cache pool goes down?
For example, a read-only cache could be archived by using a single
server with no redudancy.
Is ceph smart enough to detect that cache is unavailable and
transparently redirect all request to the main pool as usual ?

This allow the usage of one very big server as cache-only. No need for
redundacy.

Second question: how can I set cache pool to be on a defined OSDs list
and not distributed across all OSDs ? Should I change the crushmap ? I
would like to set a single server (and all of its OSDs) for the cache
pool.