Craig,
Thanks for your response. I have already marked osd.6 as lost, as you suggested. The problem is that it is still querying osd.8 which is not lost. I don't know why it is stuck there. It has been querying osd.8 for 4 days now. I also tried deleting the broken RBD image but the operation just hangs.

Kevin