Barring a newly-introduced bug (doubtful), that assert basically means
that your computer lied to the ceph monitor about the durability or
ordering of data going to disk, and the store is now inconsistent. If
you don't have data you care about on the cluster, by far your best
option is:
1) Figure out what part of the system is lying about data durability
(probably your filesystem or controller is ignoring barriers),
2) start the Ceph install over
It's possible that the ceph-monstore-tool will let you edit the store
back into a consistent state, but it looks like the system can't find
the *initial* commit, which means you'll need to manufacture a new one
wholesale with the right keys from the other system components.

(I am assuming that the system didn't crash right while you were
turning on the monitor for the first time; if it did that makes it
slightly more likely to be a bug on our end, but again it'll be
easiest to just start over since you don't have any data in it yet.)
-Greg