Hi Kumar

“Clock skew” is just a warning and should not related to this problem. But its
pretty easy to fix this warning either by setting up NTP on all Ceph cluster
nodes or by adding  mon clock drift warn backoff = <Seconds>  into ceph.conf
(do not do this in production)

WRT to your second problem , try to check out cinder volume logs and scheduler
logs  , you would surely find something there. If not try increasing debug
level of cinder and check for some clues.

- Karan Singh -