Hi Joao,

On Jul 3, 2014, at 7:57 PM, Joao Eduardo Luis <joao.l...@inktank.com> wrote:

> We don't have a way to repair leveldb.  Having multiple monitors usually help
> with such tricky situations.

I know this, but for this small dev cluster I wasn’t thinking about corruption
of my mon’s backing store.  Silly me :)

> According to this [1] the python bindings you're using may not be linked into
> snappy, which we were using (mistakenly until recently) to compress data as
> it goes into leveldb.  Not having those snappy bindings may be what's causing
> all those files to be moved to lost instead.

I found the same posting, and confirmed that the ‘levedb.so’ that ships with
the ‘python-leveldb’ package on Ubuntu 13.10 links against ‘snappy’.

> The suggestion that the thread in [1] offers is to have the repair
> functionality directly in the 'application' itself.  We could do this by
> adding a repair option to ceph-kvstore-tool -- which could help.
>
> I'll be happy to get that into ceph-kvstore-tool tomorrow and push a branch
> for you to compile and test.

I would be more than happy to try this out.  Without fixing these checksums, I
think I’m reinitializing my cluster. :\

Thank you,
./JRH