On 07/25/2014 08:39 PM, Noah Watkins wrote:
You can rm -rf those submodule directories and then re-run submodule
init/update to put the tree in a good state without re-cloning.

FWIW, as part of my build procedure I usually go with:

git submodule foreach 'git clean -fdx'
git clean -fdx
[remote update && checkout if necessary]
git submodule update --init
(autogen && configure) || do_autogen.sh
make [-j X]
???
profit

Also, Deven, I found that using ccache and distcc on my cubietruck helped build a lot, especially having my (x86_64) server helping in the cross-compilation effort.

Further, if you are compiling on some SoC with low RAM you may find it necessary at some point to change the Makefile and remove 'ceph-dencoder' from the build. If that's the case you will soon find out that just trying to link that bad boy will deplete your RAM and the build will be OOM-killed (this was an issue with the 512MB of the pi, for instance, not so much with the cubietruck).

  -Joao

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Deven Phillips