Dear all,

Anyone using CloudStack with Ceph RBD as primary storage? I am using
CloudStack 4.2.0 with KVM hypervisors and Ceph latest stable version of
dumpling.

Based on what I see, when Ceph cluster is in degraded state (not
active+clean), for example due to one node is down and in recovering
process, it might affect CloudStack operations. For example:

- Stopped VM cannot be started, because it says cannot find suitable
storage pool.

- Disconnected host cannot be reconnected easily, even after restarting
agent and libvirt on agent side, and restarting management server on the
server side. Need to keep on trying and suddenly it will be connected/up by
itself.

Once Ceph has recovered and back to active+clean state, then CloudStack
operations will be back to normal. Host agents will be up, and VMs can be
started.

Anyone seeing similar behaviour?

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Cheers.