Hi,
perhaps an stupid question, but why you change the hostname?

Not tried, but I guess if you boot the node with an new hostname, the
old hostname are in the crush map, but without any OSDs - because they
are on the new host.
Don't know ( I guess not) if the degration level stay also on 5% if you
delete the empty host from the crush map.

I would simply use the same hostconfig on an rebuildet host.

Udo