Hi,
I had an similiar effect two weeks ago - 1PG backfill_toofull and due
reweighting and delete there was enough free space but the rebuild
process stopped after a while.

After stop and start ceph on the second node, the rebuild process runs
without trouble and the backfill_toofull are gone.

This happens with firefly.

Udo