I have a 4 node ceph cluster, but the disks are not equally distributed
across all machines (they are substantially different from each other)

One machine has 12 x 1TB SAS drives (h1), another has 8 x 300GB SAS (s3)
and two machines have only two 1 TB drives each (s2 & s1).

Now machine s3 has by far the most CPU's and RAM, so I'm running my VM's
mostly from there, but I want to make sure that the writes that happen to
the ceph cluster get written to the "local" osd's on s3 first and then the
additional writes/copies get done to the network.

Is this possible with ceph.  The VM's are KVM in Proxmox in case it's
relevant.

regards

*Roland *