Hi list,

I'm trying to understand the RGW cache consistency model. My Ceph
cluster has multiple RGW instances with HAProxy as the load balancer.
HAProxy would choose one RGW instance to serve the request(with
round-robin).
The question is if RGW cache was enabled, which is the default
behavior, there seem to be some cache inconsistency issue. e.g.,
object0 was cached in RGW-0 and RGW-1 at the same time. Sometime later
it was updated from RGW-0. In this case if the next read was issued to
RGW-1, the outdated cache would be served out then since RGW-1 wasn't
aware of the updates. Thus the data would be inconsistent. Is this
behavior expected or is there anything I missed?

Sincerely, Yuan