On 01/19/2015 02:54 PM, Gregory Farnum wrote:
Joao has done it in the past so it's definitely possible, but I
confess I don't know what if anything he had to hack up to make it
work or what's changed since then. ARMv6 is definitely not something
we worry about when adding dependencies. :/
-Greg

I did in fact compile Ceph on a pi, but it was early last year or something. I did encounter a few issues, one of which was tcmalloc not compiling on the pi [1], but after being reported it ended up being fixed. On ceph, the most problematic of all things would be linking ceph-dencoder: it's statically linked and it will eventually be OOM-killed. I solved this by removing its target from the Makefile.

However, when I went though all of this there was no common/Cycles, as this was added early December 2014. AFAICT though is that it is used solely on an objectstore benchmark. Should be safe enough to remove it from the Makefile and blow away the benchmark's target.

  -Joao

[1] http://code.google.com/p/gperftools/issues/detail?id=596

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 12:17 AM, Prof. Dr. Christian Baun