Hi,
Apologize if something came up before like this.
Reading archives, it appears that 4 to 5 spinning disks are recommended for
single SSD.

I have two questions on the subject.

*         Some of the links suggest that we should use 'sync writes' to really
size the journals. If true, then what is journal_aio = true means? Does ceph
use async IO for journals with this parameter and sync write is not a true test
for sizing journals?

*         Per my understanding once writes are complete to journal then it is
read again from the journal before writing to data disk. Does this mean, we
have to do, not just sync/async writes but also reads ( random/seq ? ) in order
to correctly size them?

Appreciate any pointers here.

Regards,

Rama