Hi Howard,

be default each OSD is weighed based on its capacity automatically. So the
smaller OSDs will receive less data than the bigger ones.

Be careful though in this case to properly monitor the utilization rate of all
OSDs in your cluster so that one of them does not reach the odd_full ratio

Read this link that will help you get e better view on Ceph data placement
mechanisms.

Cheers
JC