For what it's worth, I don't think  "being patient" was the answer. I was
having the same problem a couple of weeks ago, and I waited from before 5pm
one day until after 8am the next, and still got the same errors. I ended up
adding a "new" cephfs pool with a newly-created small pool, but was never
able to actually remove cephfs altogether.