On 13 April 2015 at 11:02, Christian Balzer <ch...@gol.com> wrote:

> Yeah, that's a request/question that comes up frequently.
> And so far there's no option in Ceph to do that (AFAIK), it would be
> really nice along with scheduling options (don't scrub during peak hours),
> which have also been talked about.

I was just about to post a question on that ... :)

Just had devs and support bitching to me that all their VM's were running
like dogs (they were). Ceph decided to run a deep scrub Monday afternoon.

It boggles me that there are no options for controlling the schedule,
considering how critically important the timing is. I'd be happy to run a
deep scrub ever night at 1am. Anytime during the day is a disaster.

So currently I have noscrub and nodeep-scrub set which is really less than
ideal.

--
Lindsay