On 05/23/2015 08:26 AM, Abhishek L wrote:

Gregory Farnum writes:

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Kenneth Waegeman
<kenneth.waege...@ugent.be> wrote:
Hi,

Some strange issue wrt boolean values in the config:

this works:

osd_crush_update_on_start = 0 -> osd not updated
osd_crush_update_on_start = 1 -> osd updated

In a previous version we could set boolean values in the ceph.conf file with
the integers 1(true) and false(0) also for mon_cluster_log_to_syslog, but
this does not work anymore..:

mon_cluster_log_to_syslog = true
works, but
mon_cluster_log_to_syslog = 1
does not.

Is mon_cluster_log_to_syslog not a real boolean anymore? Or what could this
be?

Looking at src/common/config_opts.h, mon_cluster_log_to_syslog is a
string type now. I presume the code is interpreting it and there are
different options but I don't know when or why it got changed. :)

Git blame tells me that it was introduced in
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/2118, (b97b06) where it was changed
 From bool to string. Though I can't answer the why :)

Should I log an issue for this, or is this intended this way?  :-)

-Greg