On 2015-06-01T15:41:05, Steffen Weißgerber <weissgerb...@ksnb.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm searching for actual packages for SLES11 SP3.
>
> Via SMT-Updateserver it seems that there's only Version 0.80.8 available. Are
> there
> other package sources available (at least for Giant)?

Hi Steffen,

we have only released the client side enablement for SLES 11 SP3. There
is no Ceph server side code available for this platform (at least not
from SUSE).

Our server-side offering is based on SLES 12 (SUSE Enterprise Storage).
Currently based on firefly 0.80.9, though as always, the next upgrade is
always in the works ;-) (Probably directly going to 0.80.11.)

Only on our next product release will be based on Hammer++.

A more community-oriented version, including more recent packages, is
available for openSUSE (via build.opensuse.org).

> What I want to do is mount ceph via rbd map natively instead mounting nfs
> from another host
> on which I have actual packages available.

That should be possible with the SLES 11 SP3 packages that you have
access to. The rbd client code is included there.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham