Hi,

On 02/06/15 14:18, Pontus Lindgren wrote:
We have recently acquired new servers for a new ceph cluster and we want to run
Debian on those servers. Unfortunately drivers needed for the raid controller
are only available in newer kernels than what Debian Wheezy provides.

We need to run the dumpling release of Ceph.

Since the Ceph repo does not have packages for Debian Jessie I see 3
alternatives for us:
1. Wait for the Ceph repo to add packages for Debian Jessie.
Number 1 is not really an option for us. But, is there an approximate ETA on
this?
Why is this the case? At least Alexandre Derumier is working on this: (check an email from him in this list on 12th May)

http://odisoweb1.odiso.net/ceph-jessie/

2. Run Debian Wheezy with backported drivers.

I haven't used them lately, but linux kernel in wheezy-backport is 3.16, is this enough?

What kernel version do you require for the drivers?

Cheers
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico